Welcome to 333 WORDS.
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a 333 WORDS account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register any kind of 333 WORDS account, you will need to provide your email address and choose a password.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you choose to share your recordings, photos, scores or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in Cookies and Similar Technologies. This information includes but is not limited to:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, posting a comment, or performing a search.
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device and its device-ID
- information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described below.
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
How we use your information
We may use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To operate and maintain your 333 WORDS account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- To optimize your 333 WORDS user experience.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or inquiry you have submitted.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (unless you have opted out by unsubscribing) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications. For information about how to unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing messages and email notifications, please see the Choice and Control section, below.
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services in order to improve 333 WORDS and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of your information
- With your consent: We will disclose your information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the 333 WORDS community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Spark, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Cookies and similar technology
As is true of most websites and apps, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
In some of our email messages we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
Choice and control
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). However, if you do decide to register a 333 WORDS account, you can control your information in the following ways.
Unsubscribing from newsletter or marketing message emails: Click on the “unsubscribe” link provided in any marketing or newsletter email. Alternately, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have your email removed.
Deleting your 333 WORDS account: To delete your account completely, send an email to email@example.com and request to have your account deleted. If you ask us to delete your account, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
Note that deleting the App from your device(s) or cancelling a paid subscription (e.g. by turning off auto renew in your iTunes or Google Play account settings), does not delete your 333 WORDS account information. Email us as instructed above to completely delete your account.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 for marketing purposes. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Spark and we learn that that personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last amended: August 25, 2016